Last day at Office

on Thursday, March 4, 2010



26th Feb 2010

This was my last working day at my first company. I had a wonderful time working there. New city, challenging cases, intelligent people and lot of new things…what more could you ask for. But I could not ignore the idea of having something new…something which is more exciting and happening and I was not well also since last so many days, so two and a half weeks ago I gave a notice that I had be leaving. When I started working here I didn’t have a clue of what to expect. The only goal I had in my mind was to learn new things and to integrate with the new culture. It has been a pleasure working together with so many colleagues in Delhi who become such a good friend of mine in such a short time.
It was my only chance to meet all my friends again who were really concerned about me.
I was waiting eagerly for the office cab to come that day. But as I never get anything on time if I wait for something so impatiently, office cab came 2 hours late and when I boarded the cab I came to know that there are two more people to be picked up. Both were my good friends. When they came to know that I have already resigned and it’s gonna be my last day at the office they decided to have a small party at Saket to make it a memorable day for me. Finally I reached the office. The first thing I did was to meet all my friends who were waiting for me. Then I went to my desk where I used to work. I completed the other formalities necessary for my resignation to get approved. I took lunch at my favorite dhaba. Then I went to see the whole office once again to recall all those beautiful memories I had there. Finally the day ended. I met all my friends one more time before leaving and promised myself that I would never forget the beautiful moments I had because of them. I looked at my office for the last time and walked out silently with a new hope to face the new challenges of my life which are still yet to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment